Virtual Skeptics webcast – August 22, 2012
August 22, 2012 2 Comments
This is the second episode of our new experiment, a live webcast with a panel of five skeptics – Virtual Skeptics, held every Wednesday.
The panel from left to right:
- Brian Gregory – Host and creator of Virtual Drinking Skeptically
- Eve Siebert – Instructor at U of Wisconsin, Eau Claire and blogger for Skeptical Humanities
- Bob Blaskiewicz – Committee for Skeptical Inquiry’s Conspiracy Guy web columnist and blogger for Skeptical Humanities
- Sharon Hill – Editor of Doubtful News and author of the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry’s Sounds Sciencey web column
- Tim Farley – yours truly, proprietor of this blog.
New episodes webcast live every Wednesday at 8 PM EDT (Midnight GMT), with the recorded version available immediately thereafter.
Links mentioned in the show after jump…
SkeptiCamp DC – Sept 22 at University of Maryland.
The Atlanta Skeptics Star Party, a benefit for cancer research in memory of Jeff Medkeff, is also only one week away! If you are coming to Dragon*Con, be sure to buy a ticket and see Phil Plait, Nicole Gugliucci, George Hrab and Marian Call perform and hang out with your fellow astronomy fans.
- 9/11 Truther documentary that aired on Colorado Public Television, with Richard Gage’s segments.
- Viewer feedback and comments from the above.
- Bob’s 2011 interview with Gage
- Ryan Mackey’s On Debunking 9/11 Debunking (excellent, accessible technical resource on collapses).
- Southern Poverty Law Center’s write up of CBT12’s past shenanigans.
- The L.A. Times on the origins of Akin’s bizarre rape theory
- CBS News reports on the Akin apology.
- The Guardian on the long history of pregnancy-free rape.
- Abstract of article from PubMed on “Rape-related pregnancy”
- How duck bodies resist rape-related pregnancy
- Original Doubtful News report on the Mars photos
- Mars Illusion photos.
- NASA article on dinosaur footprints at Goddard.
- Quackometer’s original blog post on FDA v. Nelsons.
- The FDA warning letter is here.
- FDA Form 483 described.
- How to Make a Freedom of Information Act Request of the FDA.
- Background on the “David Mabus” case.
Be sure to click “like” on the video. For other notes and comments see see the full show notes on YouTube.
We welcome comments and suggestions, especially of stories to cover or guest panelists to invite on.