Content Roundup for October 2012
November 3, 2012
October climaxed with CSICON in Nashville, which was a blast. But it also saw the beginning of my Morning Toolbox posts and the continuing resurgence of David Mabus who has returned to harassing skeptics, atheists and others online via email, Twitter and elsewhere.
I did miss out on two episodes of Virtual Skeptics, due to CSICON travel and other outside events. Rest assured, I will reappear!
So if you missed any of that action, here’s a way to catch up. Below are links to the content I’ve been involved with in the last month. It includes this blog as well as the material I post on other blogs, my podcasting activities, my best posts on Twitter as well as key shout-outs or mentions elsewhere.
In an effort to practice what I preach, I’m also trying to document on a monthly basis what my contributions are to several skeptic-relevant crowdsourcing projects.
Read on to see what you might have missed…
Here were my blog posts this month.
- October 2 – 29: Skeptools: 20 editions of Morning Toolbox
- October 8: Skeptools: Social Media is a Gold Mine for Cold Readers
Podcasting & Video
- October 3: Virtual Skeptics: Episode #8 – I talked about Balancer and Pundit Tracker.
- October 3: Skepticality #192: Sexual Brain Science – I talked about Unsourced.org, Balancer. SuperPAC App and Ad Hawk apps and Truth Market.
- October 10: Virtual Skeptics: Episode #9 – I talked about Facebook privacy issues and Privacy Fix plugin.
- October 16: Skepticality #193: A Threesome With Jesus – I talked about illusions in the past, and FourMatch, PunditTracker and Morning Toolbox in the future.
- October 17: Virtual Skeptics: Episode #10 – I talked about legal threats to skeptic bloggers.
I posted on Twitter:
- 269 regular tweets, including:
- 23 “What’s the harm in…?” stories
- 31 daily skeptic history facts
- 76 retweets of other people
- Plus 100 replies to other Twitter posts for a total of 369 tweets
Here are highlights, the tweets that were retweeted and favorited the most.
(9 retweets, 3 favorites)
(9 retweets, 1 favorites)
(7 retweets, 3 favorites)
(17 retweets, 10 favorites)
(11 retweets, 1 favorite)
(7 retweets, 4 favorites)
(9 retweets, 2 favorites)
To get these as I post them, you should follow me on Twitter here.
Here were my contributions to various projects this month:
I contributed 21 edits to Wikipedia.
I rated 12 sites on Web of Trust but left no new site scorecard comments.
I made 7 edits to the Skeptic History database. It now has 1,431 items in it.
I added no new rebuttals to RBUTR (Sorry, Shane!).
I made over 103 edits on Lanyrd – mostly CSICON stuff.
And now for November…