During Dragon*Con in Atlanta from September 2nd through 5th, 2011, you should see Skeptic programming here:Vodpod videos no longer available.
Thank you to Mark Ditsler of Abrupt Media for the huge amount of work he does to make this happen. You can also view it and text chat with other viewers over on the UStream.tv site here.
Consult the Skeptrack schedule for the planned events. You’ll be able to see me on the following two panels:
Great Superhero Skeptics! The History
Sunday 8:30pm EDT (aka 5:30pm PDT or Monday 00:30 GMT)
Many of us know some names, but who have you missed and who should we know? A roundtable discussion on great authors, thinkers, past and present.
Moderator: Desiree Schell
Panelists: Phil Plait, Benjamin Radford, Eugenie C Scott, Kylie Sturgess and me.
How to be a REAL LIFE superhero
Monday 2:30pm EDT (aka 11:30am PDT or 18:30 GMT)
Things you can do to help save thousands of lives.
Moderator: Maria Walters
Panelists: Derek Bartholomaus, A Kovacs, Rebecca Watson, Elyse Anders, Amy Davis Roth and me.
If you are not in US Eastern time note that Atlanta is at GMT-4. Click through to the full post for the broadcast start and end times translated for you into GMT and PDT, a list of programming that will not be on the feed, and a couple other tips.
The schedule as printed in the program book and on the Skeptrack site is in U.S. Eastern time, the local time in Atlanta. Translated to a few time zones, here are the times when you should be able to see live programming in the video widget above:
Greenwich Mean Time
- 14:00 GMT on Friday Sept. 2 to 03:00 GMT Sept. 3
- 12:30 GMT on Saturday Sept. 3 to 01:30 GMT Sept. 4
- 12:30 GMT on Sunday Sept. 4 to 03:00 GMT Sept. 5
- 14:00 GMT on Monday Sept. 5 to 21:00 GMT
U.S. Eastern Time
- Friday, Sept. 2: 10:00am to 11:00pm EDT
- Saturday, Sept. 3: 8:30am to 9:30pm EDT
- Sunday, Sept. 4: 8:30am to 11:00pm EDT
- Monday, Sept. 5: 10:00am to 5:00pm EDT
U.S. Pacific Time
- Friday, Sept. 2: 7:00am to 8:00pm PDT
- Saturday, Sept. 3: 5:30am to 6:30pm PDT
- Sunday, Sept. 4: 5:30am to 8:00pm PDT
- Monday, Sept. 5: 7:00am to 2:00pm PDT
Of course, this is being done on the fly with no budget from a remote location, so technical difficulties are to be expected. (In other words, don’t be surprised if the picture or sound or both drop out occasionally. Please be patient).
Please note that a few items on the Skeptrack schedule take place in a larger room, away from the TV cameras, so these will not appear on the video feed. At post time these include:
- Thursday 7:00pm EDT – Ben Radford – Investigation Workshop 1
- Friday 8:30pm EDT – Various – Celebrity Quiz-o-Tron 2000
- Saturday 1:00pm EDT – Ben Radford – Investigation Workshop 2
- Saturday 10:00pm EDT – George Hrab – Geologic Podcast LIVE!
- Sunday 2:30pm EDT – Various – Wait, Wait, Don’t Fool Me!
The feed will go dark during these times.
If you have any trouble viewing this here, try it over on UStream.tv as well, it might work better there. There’s also a text chat room over there where you can keep in touch with other viewers.
If you are an experienced user of Internet Relay Chat (IRC) you may want to connect to it directly using an IRC client. You can do so with this information:
- Server: chat1.ustream.tv
- Port: 6667
- Channel: #skeptrack
- Login: Use the username & password you set up at Ustream.tv
See my previous blog post for additional tips and tricks on staying connected at Dragon*Con and tracking what is going on there.
As always, you can follow me on Twitter here.