The third episode of Virtual Skeptics was recorded August 29, 2012, you can watch it here:
- Brian Gregory – Host and creator of Virtual Drinking Skeptically
- Eve Siebert – Instructor at U of Wisconsin, Eau Claire and blogger for Skeptical Humanities
- Bob Blaskiewicz – Committee for Skeptical Inquiry’s Conspiracy Guy web columnist and blogger for Skeptical Humanities
- Sharon Hill – Editor of Doubtful News and author of the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry’s Sounds Sciencey web column
- Tim Farley – yours truly, proprietor of this blog.
New episodes webcast live every Wednesday at 8 PM EDT (Midnight GMT), with the recorded version available immediately thereafter.
Links mentioned in the show after the jump…
The Atlanta Skeptics Star Party, a benefit for cancer research in memory of Jeff Medkeff, is TOMORROW! If you are coming to Dragon*Con, be sure to buy a ticket and see Phil Plait, Nicole Gugliucci, George Hrab and Marian Call perform and hang out with your fellow astronomy fans. There will also be an online broadcast, follow us on Twitter for details.
SkeptiCamp DC is September 22 at University of Maryland.
- Judge Thomas Head’s Comments on YouTube.
- New York Times article about the impact of anti-Agenda 21 activism has had in the US:
- The text of the Agenda 21 resolution.
- Bill Nye anti-creationism video.
- Bill Nye on CBS This Morning
- Bill Nye Twitter death hoax.
- Christian Science Monitor article on Bill Nye and Creationism.
- Gallop poll on creationism/evolution.
- Creation Museum Dinosaur Billboards:
- Creation Museum Dragon Billboards
- Leo Weekly on fire-breathing dragons
- Barefoot and Progressive on fire-breathing dragons
- Police Looking for Lion in Essex, UK
- Essex ‘lion’: Police call off St Osyth animal search
- Essex ‘lion’: Spotter adamant ‘big cat is out there’
- The New York Times wrote about fake book reviews.
- The Kernel talked about Twitter fakers in July.
- Barracuda (a computer security company) did an investigation which outed Mitt Romney.
- The Fakers app is here.
- Those follower graphs can be generated at TwitterCounter.
- Find and block fake followers using TwitBlock – but be careful! It sometimes gets false positives.
Here’s the Bigfoot hoaxer story.
Be sure to click “like” on the video. For other notes and comments or if you have trouble viewing the video above, try the show page on YouTube.
We welcome comments and suggestions, especially of stories to cover or guest panelists to invite on.